Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The weekend that wasn't








We were so looking forward to this weekend. I had worked one of each of the days of the 3 previous weekends and Jason had worked the past 17 straight days. So you can see why we were anticipating 2 days off as a family so much! Well when Jason got home on Friday night he wasn't feeling so hot and came down with a nasty cold. It was also really chilly outside. Rather than all the outdoor things we had planned it turned into a lazy indoor weekend. I still managed to get out for a run on both days, so all was not lost :-) The kids were very happy doing crafts and being pushed around in cardboard boxes.
We watched UP with Ryan on Sunday afternoon while Megan was sleeping. We give it two thumbs up! (no pun intended) We then for the first time ever all managed to sit on the couch together watching the opening part of the Superbowl (Megan has never really sat still for anything until recently)




5 comments:

Malinda said...

Sorry about the sickness, but I have to say that lazy family weekends are my favorite. I love having nowhere to go and nothing to do (hardly ever happens).

17 days straight! Ugh!

Greg said...

I hope Andrew enjoys cardboard boxes as much as Ryan and Megan--it will make toy-buying so much cheaper! They're adorable. I hope Jason's cold doesn't spread!

Kaylynn said...

Your kids are so stinkin' cute!

Katie Jason said...

Thanks Raylynn . . I think so too :)

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

It's all about the simple things in life...cardboard boxes and lazy weekends! Oh, yeah and your kids are ADORABLe..oh wait..I say that everytime!