Monday, June 14, 2010

Week on Block Island

We just finished an absolutely fabulous week on Block Island. It started off a little hectic with Jason and I staying up until 1 am on Saturday morning getting ready (I had worked overnight the night before and Jason had a work function on Friday evening and didn't get home until around 10:30). After going to sleep in the wee hours of the morning the alarm went off at 4:50 so that we could drive down to RI and catch the 9 am ferry. The kids were stars, eating their breakfast in the car and singing Wiggles songs on the way down. We were starting to worry that we wouldn't make it to the ferry on time as we drove through some torrential downpours that slowed traffic to a crawl. Obviously though we made it and had a blast. Lots of good food, relaxation and runs and bike rides with Jason (not pulling or pushing kids - thanks to Grammy & Grandpa)





Nap time in the sand




Taking a tired girl for ice-cream after playing all day on the beach . . . . its a rough life!

Mmmmm donuts, thanks Grandpa!



Baseball hall of fame, here we come

"I don't need a nap, I'm not tired!"


Yum, lobsters for dinner


Halfway through the trip, Jason caught our dinner!!


Happy Birthday Grandpa!

Who can throw rocks the furthest?


No matter where we are, the kids always like to find a playground. (Jason and I manage to have fun too :)



The harbor and Island shoreline from the ferry



The town as seen from the ferry in port.

1 comment:

Malinda said...

Looks like a fun trip. What a beautiful place to visit! I'm glad you didn't miss the ferry. :) That is one big fish!